Webinar vs. Webcasting
FORMS OF ONLINE EVENTS
Webinar is s a portmanteau of web and seminar, meaning a presentation, lecture, or workshop that is transmitted over the web. It is targeted for small group of people and usually it is interactive between the host or lecturer and the audience. On the other hand Webcasting the events is targeted for larger group pf people, even to hundreds and usually it is not interactive.
THE MOST VERSATILE ONLINE EVENT SOLUTION
Icareus Suite Webinar is an easy-to-use, customizable and probably the most versatile solution in the market supporting both webinar and webcasting use cases. They features of Icareus Webinar solution are:
- One or multiple simultaneous events
- Automatic event recordings
- Optional slides on side of video
- Slide synchronization
- Responsive and embeddable web players
- Responsive and embeddable video portals for all the enterprise videos
- Optional TV apps
- Easily customizable Webinar players based on event brand
- Interactivity and social media integrations
- Afterward video trimming and highlighting
- Multiple Live and On-demand monetization options with ads, paywall and vouchers
- Event subscriber management
- Analytics and Reporting
- Open APIs for CRM, payment, web CMS integrations
Responsive Web UI
PROVIDES HIGH USER EXPERIENCE
Icareus Webinar has convenient and customizable responsive web interfaces to provide high user experience for all the event participants on browser based end-devices likes desktops, mobile and tablets.
Optionally Icareus Webinar provides opportunity for SmartTV apps to show Live events with other content like ads and on-demand videos on TV screens e.g. on lobbies, event venue screens or other public places.
Icareus Webinar players can be part of the Icareus responsive online video portal, which can be used for all the enterprises video needs - live and on-demand for events, marketing, training, communication etc.
All the web players can be embedded to organization’s own web sites, intranet, extranet or partner web sites.
OPTIONAL FEATURE FOR COMMERCIAL EVENT ORGANISERS
Of course for some organizations do not need to monetize the webinar or webcasting events directly, but the value comes from publicity, event partners or other revenue sources.
However, if you are a training company, event organizer or other similar organizations, you might be interested in the following monetizing features of Icareus Webinar:
- Content packaging for Live channels and On-demand content
- Paywall with credit and debit card payments or Paypal
- Subscription and transaction payments
- Voucher codes to access the content
- Subscriber management
- Video and display ads
- Own ads or from the ads network
MULTIPLE OPTIONS BASED ON YOUR NEEDS
Icareus Suite Webinar receives RTMP stream from the encoding cameras or encoders. It is fully tested with the most popular event encoders like Teradek Vidiu and Cube, Datavideo or PC based software products like Telestream Wirecast. The most common methods to produce event based video are:
- Video camera + Encoder like Teradek
- Video camera + PC + software encoder
- Encoding PTZ IP-camera
- Icareus Suite recording, trimminging and highlighting
- Icareus Suite Uploader iOS app
- Camera + editing software
- PC screen capture SW tools
ADVANTAGES OF WEBINAR AND WEBCASTING
WHY DO ONLINE VIDEO EVENTS GROW RAPIDLY?
- People want to watch videos online – you will reach more people online than with event located on some physical location
- Reach also the young generations – young people prefer videos over reading
- Have an influence – Researches tell that your message 6 times more effective as video than as textual content
- Participants save time – no need to spend time on travelling and preparations
- Organizer cost savings – for big online event, the organizer does not need a big venue
- Earning with ads and paywall – video based advertising is easier than ever and paywall provides new revenue sources to event organizers
- Serve your customers - sell addition participation to customer employess or provide all the speeches afterward on your online video service for your event participants and their colleagues and if wanted - advertise the next events
- Environmentally friendly – Webinar saves a lot of energy and environment compared to the physical event.