About Mikko Karppinen
Icareus co-founder and CTO transformed to a seasoned business developer who loves solving customer challenges.
Ask anything about Hybrid TV or Online Video and you will get an answer you can trust.
Entries by Mikko Karppinen
5 reasons why you should build a video academy
2020 changed the way we do business, meet people and live our daily lives. One of the outcomes of the pandemic is the explosion of online events, trainings, webinars and live streaming as well as other video consumption. Zooms, GotoWebinars or Teams are no longer enough to produce a premium online video experience. Event participants do not want to install 3rd party software and demand for a brand safe environment. The time of video academy is here.
What is DVB-TA? (Targeted Advertising)
DVB-TA is the new specification by DVB Project that defines a technical framework to offer dynamic ad substitution on broadcast networks. It is an good initiative to bring economies of scale and interoperability between different ad and broadcast platforms.
5 Key things to consider with broadcast EPG (Electronic programming guide)
As competition on viewers time increase and digitalization takes over traditional news papers and their TV Listing -sections, broadcasted EPGs have become even more critical to both broadcasters and operators.
This blog tries to explain the basics on how EPGs work in DVB networks and what you as a content owner should take into account to achieve a better TV experience.
Blog: Why HbbTV is do or die for broadcasters?
TV viewing has changed. Fact that everyone in the industry has accepted: broadcasters, advertisers, operators and content owners. Content consumption is moving from linear to catch-up at a pace that no-one can really forecast.
Blog: The importance, and challenge, of TV Pixel
TV Pixel, loved by advertisers, needed by broadcasters, crucial for content owners, controlled by regulators (via e.g. GDPR). Read how the TV Pixel can be used to identify the TV, or viewer in the very best case.
Blog: Top 6 Take-aways from the 7th HbbTV Symposium
Top 6 Take-aways from the 7th HbbTV Symposium. Read my view on where the market is going.
HbbTV is seeing a steady growth and the industry commitment is there. Operators start to embrace it with the new OpApps spec. Addressable TV will have the biggest impact on the industry over the next 5 years.
Blog: Addressable TV @dmexco 2018
dmexco, the event, meeting place & a community for key players in digital business, marketing and advertising. We went to see how addressable TV market is doing.
Blog: Making Addressable TV happen
Data driven advertising is making it’s way to broadcasters’ linear offering and offering clear benefits to all parties: viewers, advertisers and broadcasters. Addressable TV is changing TV Advertising and the time to jump the bandwagon is now.
- Broadcasters, Media and OTT
- Companies and Third Sector Organizations
- Public Organizations
- Education and Training
- Events and Webinars
- Success Cases
- Case Alfa TV – Broadcaster TV Everywhere and HbbTV
- Case ATV – Audience Measurement and HbbTV
- Case Banco Mediolanum – Video communication
- Case Bright – Event streaming and webinars
- Case Capital AV – Making the event an audiovisual experience
- Case City of Helsinki – Online Video Services for Citizens
- Case Futurelabs – Training and scaling expertise via video academy
- Case ICOMEM – Video academy for doctors and citizens
- Case LavisTV – Paid Live streaming service
- Case Minifiddlers – Premium Learning Courses
- Case Tampere Trade Fairs provides hybrid events
- Case Telecentras – Operator’s OTT and HbbTV services
- Case Veikkaus – OTT service for content owner
- News & Blog
- Contact Us
- FloorballTV – a sports streaming service success story March 2, 2023
- Considering Video Accessibility October 24, 2022
- Icareus Video Cloud – New Features September 29, 2022
- IBC 2022 August 23, 2022
- FloorballTV, a new era in sports streaming – Finnish Floorball Association launches its own branded video service May 24, 2022
- F-Liiga and Icareus launch new streaming and video-on-demand service for international floorball fans December 9, 2021
- Icareus to Provide its Playout EPG Solution to Asharq News October 7, 2021
- Making Freemium work for Video Academy May 27, 2021
- 5 reasons why you should build a video academy February 8, 2021
- Icareus delivered Helsinki Channel, the new end-to end streaming service to the capital of Finland February 4, 2021