2020 changed the way we do business, meet people and live our daily lives. One of the outcomes of the pandemic is the explosion of online events, trainings, webinars and live streaming as well as other video consumption. Zooms, GotoWebinars or Teams are no longer enough to produce a premium online video experience. Event participants do not want to install 3rd party software and demand for a brand safe environment. The time of video academy is here.
Here are ten important reasons why you shouldn’t use YouTube as your company’s or public organization’s main video platform:
1. NO COMPANY OR PUBLIC ORGANIZATION WILL BE SUCCESSFUL ON YOUTUBE
Yeah, yeah, it’s known that YouTube is the world’s 2nd largest social media with 1.9 billion monthly users (01/2020).
Every minute, 500 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube, 30,000 hours every hour, and 720,000 hours of new videos every day. If you’re an active video-producing company and, for example, you produce 5 hours of your company’s branded, video content to be published per month, then that’s one hundred thousandths of a percentage (0.0000231% more precisely) of YouTube’s monthly content – now try to get attention for your content! So it is said that YouTube is a corporate video cemetery.
No one else on YouTube can do anything other than video bloggers, music, game videos, and “late night show videos” – no company has ever been successful on YouTube. You can check it easily by yourself from e.g. here
DVB-TA is the new specification by DVB Project that defines a technical framework to offer dynamic ad substitution on broadcast networks. It is an good initiative to bring economies of scale and interoperability between different ad and broadcast platforms.
As competition on viewers time increase and digitalization takes over traditional news papers and their TV Listing -sections, broadcasted EPGs have become even more critical to both broadcasters and operators. This blog tries to explain the basics on how EPGs work in DVB networks and what you as a content owner should take into account to achieve a better TV experience.
TV viewing has changed. Fact that everyone in the industry has accepted: broadcasters, advertisers, operators and content owners. Content consumption is moving from linear to catch-up at a pace that no-one can really forecast.
TV Pixel, loved by advertisers, needed by broadcasters, crucial for content owners, controlled by regulators (via e.g. GDPR). Read how the TV Pixel can be used to identify the TV, or viewer in the very best case.
Top 6 Take-aways from the 7th HbbTV Symposium. Read my view on where the market is going.
HbbTV is seeing a steady growth and the industry commitment is there. Operators start to embrace it with the new OpApps spec. Addressable TV will have the biggest impact on the industry over the next 5 years.
dmexco, the event, meeting place & a community for key players in digital business, marketing and advertising. We went to see how addressable TV market is doing.
Data driven advertising is making it’s way to broadcasters’ linear offering and offering clear benefits to all parties: viewers, advertisers and broadcasters. Addressable TV is changing TV Advertising and the time to jump the bandwagon is now.
- Online Video & TV Cloud
- Broadcast Platform
- Case Alfa TV – Broadcaster TV Everywhere and HbbTV
- Case ATV – Audience Measurement and HbbTV
- Case Banco Mediolanum – Video communication
- Case Bright – Event streaming and webinars
- Case Capital AV – Making the event an audiovisual experience
- Case City of Helsinki – Online Video Services for Citizens
- Case Futurelabs – Training and scaling expertise via video academy
- Case ICOMEM – Video academy for doctors and citizens
- Case LavisTV – Paid Live streaming service
- Case Minifiddlers – Premium Learning Courses
- Case Tampere Trade Fairs provides hybrid events
- Case Telecentras – Operator’s OTT and HbbTV services
- Case Veikkaus – OTT service for content owner
- News & Blog
- Making Freemium work for Video Academy May 27, 2021
- 5 reasons why you should build a video academy February 8, 2021
- Icareus delivered Helsinki Channel, the new end-to end streaming service to the capital of Finland February 4, 2021
- 10 reasons: Why YouTube shouldn’t be used as a business or public organization’s video service? November 10, 2020
- What is DVB-TA? (Targeted Advertising) September 25, 2020