Helsinki, 08.09.2020, Open Beyond, a Greek commercial free-to-air TV channel, has acquired Icareus Playout Carousel platform to provide hybrid broadcast and broadband (HbbTV) interactive TV services in Greece. The delivery was done by the Icareus’ local distributor Epeegee.
Helsinki, 05.06.2020, Icareus has delivered its Icareus Playout EPG server platform to OIV, digital television operator, based in Zagreb, Croatia. OIV is the national provider of terrestrial broadcasting of radio and television programs in Croatia, with a significant share of the market of leased communications networks, telecommunications lines and infrastructure, provider of satellite and multimedia services.
As competition on viewers time increase and digitalization takes over traditional news papers and their TV Listing -sections, broadcasted EPGs have become even more critical to both broadcasters and operators. This blog tries to explain the basics on how EPGs work in DVB networks and what you as a content owner should take into account to achieve a better TV experience.
Helsinki, 24,10.2019: Icareus’ distributor Epeegee has delivered Icareus Playout EPG solution to ERT, the public radio and television broadcaster for Greece. Icareus Playout EPG solution is used to manage the PSI/SI and EPG signalling of all of the over twenty ERT distributed TV and Radio channels to several uplinks.
Helsinki, 28.8.2019,Icareus has delivered its trusted broadcast platform Icareus Playout EPG to one of the leading news channels in the world, France24. Icareus Playout will be used to manage and distribute EPG data of the France 24 channels distributed via cable, satellite and DTT.
Helsinki, 25.6.2019, Icareus’ Central European distributor Divitel has delivered Icareus Playout EPG solution to BVN, a Dutch-language public television channel for Dutch and Flemish people abroad. Icareus Playout EPG solution is used to contribute, manage and distribute EPG data to operators globally.
Helsinki, 10.6.2019, Icareus has delivered the platform for HiTV, the national HbbTV/OTT Service. HiTV was launched on 5.6.2019 and offers TV viewers more content and possibilities for content managing and interaction.
- Online Video & TV Cloud
- Broadcast Platform
- Icareus Addressable TV Advertising
- Case City of Helsinki: Online Video Services for Citizens
- Case: Banco Mediolanum – Video communication
- Case Bright: Event streaming and webinars
- Case LavisTV: Paid Live streaming service
- Case: Alfa TV – Broadcaster TV Everywhere and HbbTV
- Case: ATV Turkey – Audience Measurement and HbbTV
- Case: Telecentras – Operator’s OTT and HbbTV services
- Case: Veikkaus – OTT service for content owner
- Case: Minifiddlers – Premium Learning Courses
- News & Blog
- 10 reasons: Why YouTube shouldn’t be used as a business or public organization’s video service? November 10, 2020
- What is DVB-TA? (Targeted Advertising) September 25, 2020
- Icareus HbbTV Carousel streamer servers to Open Beyond TV Channel in Greece September 9, 2020
- Icareus News Video 2020-06 June 23, 2020
- Icareus Playout EPG solution to drive Croatia’s new DVB-T2 network June 5, 2020