As competition on viewers time increase and digitalization takes over traditional news papers and their TV Listing -sections, broadcasted EPGs have become even more critical to both broadcasters and operators. This blog tries to explain the basics on how EPGs work in DVB networks and what you as a content owner should take into account to achieve a better TV experience.
Helsinki, 23.5.2018, Icareus has delivered a turnkey HbbTV solution to ATV, the leading commercial broadcaster in Turkey. ATV wanted to offer more to their viewers and to understand better how their channels are watched, so they turned to Icareus to design and deliver a complete SmartTV service based on HbbTV (www.hbbtv.org). Icareus build a turnkey HbbTV solution based on its existing products that enabled ATV (www.atv.com.tr) and its sister channels A Haber, A Spor and children’s’ channel Minika to offer valuable services to their viewers via SmartTVs.
Helsinki, 15.2.2018, Icareus has delivered its Icareus Playout EPG platform to telecom operator PCCW, the leading PayTV, IPTV and OTT service provider in Hong Kong and elsewhere in Asia. Icareus Playout EPG is used to receive, manage and distribute EPG data to PCCW’s TV services.
Icareus Playout CS200 and CS210 DVB-SSU OTA servers are used for broadcast firmware upgrades to STBs and TVs.
In addition it is possible to maintain the server software of the head-end equipment on the large broadcast or affiliate networks over-the-air with out need for local maintenance giving a huge maintenance cost savings.
Professional and flexible system is targeted for Satellite/Cable/Terrestrial operators, broadcasters, head-end system vendors and CE manufacturers.
Presentation version: 20190619
Icareus Playout EPG is robust and future proof EPG platform for Broadcasters, DVB network and OTT/IPTV service providers.
Icareus EPG platform enables broadcasters and network operators to manage multiplatform EPG on single integrated platform. It generates all necessary PSI/SI and EIT –tables needed for premium DVB network or to serve the IPTV /OTT middleware platform.
Icareus Enhanced EPG provides rich and better user experience for Hybrid TV devices combining broadcast and broadband content.
Icareus Playout CS is a professional and world leading DSM-CC Object and Data Carousel server, used by the largest TV operators and broadcasters in the world. The Icareus Playout CS Carousel provides a complete solution to broadcast any type of Interactive TV application and data services as well as synchronise them with TV programs.
For additional information please do not hesitate to contact us!
Presentation version: 20200214
- Online Video & TV Cloud
- Broadcast Platform
- Solutions for Customer Groups
- Case Alfa TV – Broadcaster TV Everywhere and HbbTV
- Case ATV – Audience Measurement and HbbTV
- Case Banco Mediolanum – Video communication
- Case Bright – Event streaming and webinars
- Case Capital AV – Making the event an audiovisual experience
- Case City of Helsinki – Online Video Services for Citizens
- Case Futurelabs – Training and scaling expertise via video academy
- Case ICOMEM – Video academy for doctors and citizens
- Case LavisTV – Paid Live streaming service
- Case Minifiddlers – Premium Learning Courses
- Case Tampere Trade Fairs provides hybrid events
- Case Telecentras – Operator’s OTT and HbbTV services
- Case Veikkaus – OTT service for content owner
- News & Blog
- Contact Us
- Considering Video Accessibility October 24, 2022
- Icareus Video Cloud – New Features September 29, 2022
- IBC 2022 August 23, 2022
- FloorballTV, a new era in sports streaming – Finnish Floorball Association launches its own branded video service May 24, 2022
- F-Liiga and Icareus launch new streaming and video-on-demand service for international floorball fans December 9, 2021
- Icareus to Provide its Playout EPG Solution to Asharq News October 7, 2021
- Making Freemium work for Video Academy May 27, 2021
- 5 reasons why you should build a video academy February 8, 2021
- Icareus delivered Helsinki Channel, the new end-to end streaming service to the capital of Finland February 4, 2021
- 10 reasons: Why YouTube shouldn’t be used as a business or public organization’s video service? November 10, 2020