Helsinki, 23.5.2019, Icareus’ has delivered its Icareus Playout platform to Freesat, a British free-to-air satellite television service, provided by a joint venture between the BBC and ITV plc. Icareus solution will allow Freesat to replace their legacy system with a future roadmap to expand their hybrid, broadcast and broadband services (HbbTV).
Icareus Playout CS200 and CS210 DVB-SSU OTA servers are used for broadcast firmware upgrades to STBs and TVs.
In addition it is possible to maintain the server software of the head-end equipment on the large broadcast or affiliate networks over-the-air with out need for local maintenance giving a huge maintenance cost savings.
Professional and flexible system is targeted for Satellite/Cable/Terrestrial operators, broadcasters, head-end system vendors and CE manufacturers.
Presentation version: 20190619
- Online Video & TV Cloud
- Broadcast Platform
- Addressable TV Advertising
- News & Blog
- What is DVB-TA? (Targeted Advertising) September 25, 2020
- Icareus HbbTV Carousel streamer servers to Open Beyond TV Channel in Greece September 9, 2020
- Icareus News Video 2020-06 June 23, 2020
- Icareus Playout EPG solution to drive Croatia’s new DVB-T2 network June 5, 2020
- 2 million Finns to enjoy library streaming service powered by Icareus Suite TV & Online Video cloud May 28, 2020