Helsinki, 23.5.2019, Icareus’ has delivered its Icareus Playout platform to Freesat, a British free-to-air satellite television service, provided by a joint venture between the BBC and ITV plc. Icareus solution will allow Freesat to replace their legacy system with a future roadmap to expand their hybrid, broadcast and broadband services (HbbTV).
Icareus Playout CS200 and CS210 DVB-SSU OTA servers are used for broadcast firmware upgrades to STBs and TVs.
In addition it is possible to maintain the server software of the head-end equipment on the large broadcast or affiliate networks over-the-air with out need for local maintenance giving a huge maintenance cost savings.
Professional and flexible system is targeted for Satellite/Cable/Terrestrial operators, broadcasters, head-end system vendors and CE manufacturers.
Presentation version: 20190619
- Online Video & TV Cloud
- Broadcast Platform
- Case Alfa TV – Broadcaster TV Everywhere and HbbTV
- Case ATV – Audience Measurement and HbbTV
- Case Banco Mediolanum – Video communication
- Case Bright – Event streaming and webinars
- Case Capital AV – Making the event an audiovisual experience
- Case City of Helsinki – Online Video Services for Citizens
- Case Futurelabs – Training and scaling expertise via video academy
- Case ICOMEM – Video academy for doctors and citizens
- Case LavisTV – Paid Live streaming service
- Case Minifiddlers – Premium Learning Courses
- Case Tampere Trade Fairs provides hybrid events
- Case Telecentras – Operator’s OTT and HbbTV services
- Case Veikkaus – OTT service for content owner
- News & Blog
- Icareus to Provide its Playout EPG Solution to Asharq News October 7, 2021
- Making Freemium work for Video Academy May 27, 2021
- 5 reasons why you should build a video academy February 8, 2021
- Icareus delivered Helsinki Channel, the new end-to end streaming service to the capital of Finland February 4, 2021
- 10 reasons: Why YouTube shouldn’t be used as a business or public organization’s video service? November 10, 2020