Helsinki, 08.09.2020, Open Beyond, a Greek commercial free-to-air TV channel, has acquired Icareus Playout Carousel platform to provide hybrid broadcast and broadband (HbbTV) interactive TV services in Greece. The delivery was done by the Icareus’ local distributor Epeegee.
Helsinki, 05.06.2020, Icareus has delivered its Icareus Playout EPG server platform to OIV, digital television operator, based in Zagreb, Croatia. OIV is the national provider of terrestrial broadcasting of radio and television programs in Croatia, with a significant share of the market of leased communications networks, telecommunications lines and infrastructure, provider of satellite and multimedia services.
As competition on viewers time increase and digitalization takes over traditional news papers and their TV Listing -sections, broadcasted EPGs have become even more critical to both broadcasters and operators. This blog tries to explain the basics on how EPGs work in DVB networks and what you as a content owner should take into account to achieve a better TV experience.
Helsinki, 24,10.2019: Icareus’ distributor Epeegee has delivered Icareus Playout EPG solution to ERT, the public radio and television broadcaster for Greece. Icareus Playout EPG solution is used to manage the PSI/SI and EPG signalling of all of the over twenty ERT distributed TV and Radio channels to several uplinks.
Helsinki, 28.8.2019,Icareus has delivered its trusted broadcast platform Icareus Playout EPG to one of the leading news channels in the world, France24. Icareus Playout will be used to manage and distribute EPG data of the France 24 channels distributed via cable, satellite and DTT.
Helsinki, 23.5.2018, Phuong Nam Television Company, has selected Icareus Playout EPG platform to manage and distribute their Electronic Program Guide information in all of their cable networks. The delivery includes a turn-key solution to enhance the user experience by providing full 7 day EPG data on all premium channels. Icareus Playout enabled them to easily aggregate EPG data from various sources and to manage and optimise the delivery in their regionalised cable network in the best possible manner.
Helsinki, 15.2.2018, Icareus has delivered its Icareus Playout EPG platform to telecom operator PCCW, the leading PayTV, IPTV and OTT service provider in Hong Kong and elsewhere in Asia. Icareus Playout EPG is used to receive, manage and distribute EPG data to PCCW’s TV services.
Helsinki, 15.2.2018, Icareus has delivered a turnkey HbbTV solution to Emitel, the national terrestrial TV network operator in Poland. With the new Icareus system Emitel is start the HbbTV service offering for TV viewers in Poland.
Icareus Playout Compact PC100 is all-in-one Lab service for building a real broadcast TV environment optionally combined with cloud services to test, develop and demonstrate new Interactive TV services and and applications.
It is targeted for broadcasters, TV operators, CE manufacturers, universities, application developers and other research organizations.
Presentation version 20180906.
Icareus Playout EPG is robust and future proof EPG platform for Broadcasters, DVB network and OTT/IPTV service providers.
Icareus EPG platform enables broadcasters and network operators to manage multiplatform EPG on single integrated platform. It generates all necessary PSI/SI and EIT –tables needed for premium DVB network or to serve the IPTV /OTT middleware platform.
Icareus Enhanced EPG provides rich and better user experience for Hybrid TV devices combining broadcast and broadband content.
- Online Video & TV Cloud
- Broadcast Platform
- Solutions for Customer Groups
- Case Alfa TV – Broadcaster TV Everywhere and HbbTV
- Case ATV – Audience Measurement and HbbTV
- Case Banco Mediolanum – Video communication
- Case Bright – Event streaming and webinars
- Case Capital AV – Making the event an audiovisual experience
- Case City of Helsinki – Online Video Services for Citizens
- Case Futurelabs – Training and scaling expertise via video academy
- Case ICOMEM – Video academy for doctors and citizens
- Case LavisTV – Paid Live streaming service
- Case Minifiddlers – Premium Learning Courses
- Case Tampere Trade Fairs provides hybrid events
- Case Telecentras – Operator’s OTT and HbbTV services
- Case Veikkaus – OTT service for content owner
- News & Blog
- Contact Us
- Considering Video Accessibility October 24, 2022
- Icareus Video Cloud – New Features September 29, 2022
- IBC 2022 August 23, 2022
- FloorballTV, a new era in sports streaming – Finnish Floorball Association launches its own branded video service May 24, 2022
- F-Liiga and Icareus launch new streaming and video-on-demand service for international floorball fans December 9, 2021
- Icareus to Provide its Playout EPG Solution to Asharq News October 7, 2021
- Making Freemium work for Video Academy May 27, 2021
- 5 reasons why you should build a video academy February 8, 2021
- Icareus delivered Helsinki Channel, the new end-to end streaming service to the capital of Finland February 4, 2021
- 10 reasons: Why YouTube shouldn’t be used as a business or public organization’s video service? November 10, 2020