2020 changed the way we do business, meet people and live our daily lives. One of the outcomes of the pandemic is the explosion of online events, trainings, webinars and live streaming as well as other video consumption. Zooms, GotoWebinars or Teams are no longer enough to produce a premium online video experience. Event participants do not want to install 3rd party software and demand for a brand safe environment. The time of video academy is here.
Helsinki, 04.02.2021, Icareus has delivered a renewed Helsinki Channel service to the City of Helsinki. The Helsinki Channel is the city’s video communication channel and offers important and current content to the city’s residents. The technology platform of the Helsinki channel is the Icareus Suite video cloud service.
Here are ten important reasons why you shouldn’t use YouTube as your company’s or public organization’s main video platform:
1. NO COMPANY OR PUBLIC ORGANIZATION WILL BE SUCCESSFUL ON YOUTUBE
Yeah, yeah, it’s known that YouTube is the world’s 2nd largest social media with 1.9 billion monthly users (01/2020).
Every minute, 500 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube, 30,000 hours every hour, and 720,000 hours of new videos every day. If you’re an active video-producing company and, for example, you produce 5 hours of your company’s branded, video content to be published per month, then that’s one hundred thousandths of a percentage (0.0000231% more precisely) of YouTube’s monthly content – now try to get attention for your content! So it is said that YouTube is a corporate video cemetery.
No one else on YouTube can do anything other than video bloggers, music, game videos, and “late night show videos” – no company has ever been successful on YouTube. You can check it easily by yourself from e.g. here
DVB-TA is the new specification by DVB Project that defines a technical framework to offer dynamic ad substitution on broadcast networks. It is an good initiative to bring economies of scale and interoperability between different ad and broadcast platforms.
Helsinki, 08.09.2020, Open Beyond, a Greek commercial free-to-air TV channel, has acquired Icareus Playout Carousel platform to provide hybrid broadcast and broadband (HbbTV) interactive TV services in Greece. The delivery was done by the Icareus’ local distributor Epeegee.
Helsinki, 28.05.2020, Icareus Suite Online Video & TV cloud was selected for the national libraries’ subscription VOD service launched by Nordic Content Distribution in October 2019. The service, Kirjastokino, is being offered by over 100 municipalities in Finland, covering more than 2 million Finns.
Helsinki, 23.04.2020 Westend Indians, one of Finland’s largest floorball and football clubs playing in the floorball league, announced an advanced Tribal TV video service for the 2019-2020 season. Tribal TV includes four different Live Streaming channels, an open video library for all, and a coaching section for coaches with training and educational videos.
Helsinki, 23.04.2020 Icareus and partner Let’s Virtual have released a new paid LAVIS-TV group exercise online video service. Through the service, thousands of enthusiasts will be able to participate in classes and exercise from home.
- Online Video & TV Cloud
- Broadcast Platform
- Case Alfa TV – Broadcaster TV Everywhere and HbbTV
- Case ATV – Audience Measurement and HbbTV
- Case Banco Mediolanum – Video communication
- Case Bright – Event streaming and webinars
- Case Capital AV – Making the event an audiovisual experience
- Case City of Helsinki – Online Video Services for Citizens
- Case Futurelabs – Training and scaling expertise via video academy
- Case LavisTV – Paid Live streaming service
- Case Minifiddlers – Premium Learning Courses
- Case Tampere Trade Fairs provides hybrid events
- Case Telecentras – Operator’s OTT and HbbTV services
- Case Veikkaus – OTT service for content owner
- News & Blog
- Making Freemium work for Video Academy May 27, 2021
- 5 reasons why you should build a video academy February 8, 2021
- Icareus delivered Helsinki Channel, the new end-to end streaming service to the capital of Finland February 4, 2021
- 10 reasons: Why YouTube shouldn’t be used as a business or public organization’s video service? November 10, 2020
- What is DVB-TA? (Targeted Advertising) September 25, 2020